WordPress 5.2.3 is now available!
The new release comes with lots of new and exciting changes, the biggest of which would have to be the new Site Health check tool. The tool is to educate users, as well as provide developers with some crucial information that they need. There are plenty more improvements, not excluding PHP error protection (lower number of white screens of death), new and fresh dashicons and emojis, some block editor improvements, and accessibility updates.
The team behind WordPress describes version 5.2.3 as the release that provides even more powerful tools to help everyone with identifying and fixing all configuration issues and fatal errors. Those tools would help developers and users get all the info they need and they will always get it on time. Developers will be able to help their clients better than ever and regular users would manage their sites as smoothly as possible.
This security and maintenance release features 29 fixes and enhancements. Plus, it adds a number of security fixes—see the list below.
These bugs affect WordPress versions 5.2.2 and earlier; version 5.2.3 fixes them, so you’ll want to upgrade.
From the WordPress 5.2.3 release post, this maintenance and security release fixes 29 bugs, including a few security fixes.
Here are some changes of note:
- #38415: New Custom Link menu item has a wrong fallback label
- #45739: Block Editor: $editor_styles bug.
- #45935: A URL in do_block_editor_incompatible_meta_box function does not have classic-editor__forget parameter
- #46757: Media Trash: The Bulk Media options when in the Trash shouldn’t provide two primary buttons
- #46758: Media Trash: Primary button(s) should be on the left
- #46899: Ensure that tables generated by the Settings API have no semantics
- #47079: Incorrect version for excerpt_allowed_blocks filter
- #47113: Media views: dismiss notice button is invisible
- #47145: Feature Image dialog does not follow the dialog pattern
- #47190: Twenty Seventeen: Native audio and video embeds have no focus state.
- #47340: Twenty Nineteen: Revise Latest Posts block styles to support post content options.
- #47386: Fix headings hierarchy in the legacy Custom Background and Custom Header pages
- #47390: Improve accessibility of forms elements within some “form-table” forms
- #47414: Twenty Seventeen: Button block preview has extra spacing within button
- #47458: Fix tab sequence order in the Media attachment browser
- #47489: Emoji are substituted in preformatted blocks
- #47502: Media modal bottom toolbar cuts-off content in Internet Explorer 11
- #47538: Minor Verbiage Update – Switch ‘developer time’ for ‘a developer’
- #47543: Twenty Seventeen: buttons don’t change color on hover and focus
- #47561: Plugin: View details popup layout issue
- #47603: My account toggle on admin bar not visible at high zoom levels
- #47604: Undefined variable: locked in wp-admin/edit-form-blocks.php
- #47687: Use alt tags for gallery images in editor
- #47688: Color hex code in color picker displayed in RTL instead of LTR on RTL install (take 2)
- #47693: customizer Color picker should get closed when click on color picker area.
- #47723: Adding a custom link in nav-menus.php doesn’t trim whitespace
- #47758: Font sizes on installation screen are too small
- #47835: PHP requirement always set to null for plugins
- #47888: Adding a custom link in menu via Customize doesn’t trim whitespace.
- Props to Simon Scannell of RIPS Technologies for finding and disclosing two issues. The first, a cross-site scripting (XSS) vulnerability found in post previews by contributors. The second was a cross-site scripting vulnerability in stored comments.
- Props to Tim Coen for disclosing an issue where validation and sanitization of a URL could lead to an open redirect.
- Props to Anshul Jain for disclosing reflected cross-site scripting during media uploads.
- Props to Zhouyuan Yang of Fortinet’s FortiGuard Labs who disclosed a vulnerability that for cross-site scripting (XSS) in shortcode previews.
- Props to Ian Dunn of the Core Security Team for finding and disclosing a case where reflected cross-site scripting could be found in the dashboard.
- Props to Soroush Dalili (@irsdl) from NCC Group for disclosing an issue with URL sanitization that can lead to cross-site scripting (XSS) attacks.
- In addition to the above changes, we are also updating jQuery on older versions of WordPress. This change was added in 5.2.1 and is now being brought to older versions.
Cheap Recommended WordPress 5.2.3 Hosting Provider
ASPHostPortal Windows Hosting is 100% Compatible with WordPress 5.2.3
As a technology focused web host, ASPHostPortal's web hosting packages are designed to support popular web development technologies. Windows and WordPress 5.2.3 hosting
are at the core of their business practice. ASPHostPortal has over 10 years combined experience in .NET, PHP, Network Administration, System Integration and related technologies to support mission critical hosting for applications built on these platforms.
ASPHostPortal is Microsoft No #1 Hosting Partner
ASPHostPortal.com is Microsoft No #1 Recommended Windows and ASP.NET Spotlight Hosting Partner in United States. Microsoft presents this award to ASPHostPortal.com for ability to support the latest Microsoft and ASP.NET technology, such as: WebMatrix, WebDeploy, Visual Studio 2015, ASP.NET 5, ASP.NET MVC 6, Silverlight 6 and Visual Studio Lightswitch.
ASPHostPortal WordPress 5.2.3 Hosting is Affordable
With regard to the Windows hosting packages, ASPHostPortal.com
releases eight plans called Host Intro, Host One until Host Seven at the prices of $1.00/mo, $5.00/mo until $70.00/mo. Three billing cycles with different prices are available. For instance, the prices of the primary plan are rated at $5.00/mo for 3-year term, $6.00/mo for 1-year term and $8.00/mo for 3-month term.
ASPHostPortal WordPress 5.2.3 Hosting Speed and Uptime
ASPHostPortal reaches its 100% guarantee perfectly reaching its uptime guarantee. The success of ASPHostPortal results from its world-class data centers, latest technologies and many engineers’ commitments.
has multiple data centers in (US (Washington & Seattle), Netherlands (Amsterdam), Singapore, Hong Kong, United Kingdom (London), Australia (Melbourne), France (Paris), Germany (Frankfurt), Italy (Milan), India (Chennai), Canada (Toronto), Brazil (Sao Paulo)).You can be rest assured that your websites or dedicated servers are secured, managed and monitored in a state-of-the-art facility, and as a customer you have access to their engineers and the most reliable support team.
Cheap Recommended UK WordPress 5.2.3 Hosting Recommendation
UKWindowsHostASP.NET Using Premium Servers For Their WordPress 5.2.3 Hosting
is using Premium servers from Dell; servers deliver excellent balance of outstanding performance, availability and flexibility for your growing network infrastructure applications as well as web, messaging, database and file/print consolidation.
UKWindowsHostASP.NET Has WordClass Data Center
UKWindowsHostASP.NET provides global, on-demand data center and hosting services from facilities across the European Continent. They leverage best-in-class connectivity and technology to innovate industry leading, fully automated solutions that empower enterprises with complete access, control, security, and scalability. Their servers are located in the four prestiguous cities in Europe, namely: London (UK), Amsterdam (Netherlands), Frankfurt (Germany) and Paris (France).
UKWindowsHostASP.NET Has Excellent Uptime Rate
Their key strength in delivering the service to you is to maintain their server uptime rate. They never ever happy to see your site goes down and they truly understand that it will hurt your onlines business.
UKWindowsHostASP.NET is Microsoft No #1 UK Hosting Partner
UKWindowsHostASP.NET is Microsoft No #1 Recommended Windows and ASP.NET Hosting in European Continent. Their service is ranked the highest top #1 spot in several European countries, such as: Germany, Italy, Netherlands, France, Belgium, United Kingdom, Sweden, Finland, Switzerland and many top European countries.
Cheap Recommended India WordPress 5.2.3 Hosting Recommendation
WindowsASPNETHosting.IN is The Best India WordPress 5.2.3 Hosting
WindowsASPNETHosting.IN, one of the best WordPress 5.2.3 hosting provider in India. WindowsASPNETHosting.IN is an innovative web hosting brand which is tapped by a group of experienced developers. It has been devoting itself to providing unbeatable WordPress 5.2.3 hosting solutions for more than 10,000 websites all over the world, and enjoys high reputation from webmasters ranging from freelancers and small businesses to corporations and enterprises.
WindowsASPNETHosting.in Offers Uptime Guarantee
As the most reliable web hosting company, WindowsASPNETHosting.in guarantees at least 99.9% uptime, meaning that customers’ websites can be accessible at any time on the web. This is because the company uses 100% factory built and tested DELL servers, featuring SSD, RAID 5, 2x AMD Opteron 4226, and 32GB of RAM to maximize uptime to the largest extent.
Besides, WindowsASPNETHosting.in leverages the power of world-class data center to place these quality and robust web servers. The data center is rent from NWT – the largest IDC in India, featuring UPS for unceasing and stable power supply, advanced cooling system for climate control, DDoS response to avoid malicious attack, tier 3 telecom provider to shorten the network path, firewall to block unnecessary ports, and 24/7 monitoring to ensure all the facilities are working properly.
WindowsASPNETHosting.in Has Expert Customer Service
As customer service is the most essential part in web hosting, WindowsASPNETHosting.in spares no effort to satisfy every customer. This company owns a team of passionate and professional technical staffs, who are accessible twenty-four hours one day and seven days one week, even deep at night. In view of the support way, WindowsASPNETHosting.in makes customers well-prepared with email ticket. It contains quantities of hosting related articles in the knowledgebase, which is placed right under the support section.
WindowsASPNETHosting.in is Microsoft No #1 India Hosting Partner
is the India’s #1 Windows hosting provider that offers the most reliable world class Windows hosting solutions for their customers. WindowsASPNETHosting.in provides high quality affordable India’s Windows hosting services for personal and companies of all sizes. Host your website with an innovative, reliable, and a friendly India’s Windows hosting company who cares about your business.